Cakes & Bakes.
1. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under
which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the
context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
2. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website
3. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled
to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you
5. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation
6. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your
personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
7. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different
categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we
shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of
any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or
otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the
information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
· verify your identity for security purposes
· sell products to you
· provide you with our services
· provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you
have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide
class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally
We shall continue
to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us,
such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may
be personal information.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information,
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by
e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose,
we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a
particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your
name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or
it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us email@example.com
However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services
3. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your
information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so
request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
4. Information provided on the
understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read,
copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
· posting a message our forum
· tagging an image
· clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy
level of every person who might use it.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any
individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it,
then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Complaints regarding content on our website
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall
remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will
be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond
with you about it.
6. Information relating to your
method of payment
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website PayPal or
if paying by credit/debit card payment is taken via Stripe payment gateway. No payment details are kept on our website or servers. All payment data is fully secure and safe and processed through
stripe who is fully PCI compliant.
7. Sending a message to our
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect
the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your
name and email@example.com so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web
browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised
experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close
your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to
prevent or limit their use.
by software operated by third parties whose services we use.
you will not be able to use all the functionality of our website.
· to track how you use our website
· to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
· to keep you signed in our site
· to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
· to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
9. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our
website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider
and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our
website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data
possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
10. Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in
order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
We may use a third party to provide us with re-marketing services from time to time. If
Disclosure and sharing of your information
11. Information we obtain from third
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set
out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third party advertising on our website
Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or
other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
content of, and to measure the performance of their adverts.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain.
Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
13. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so
far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund
14. Data may be processed outside the European
Our website is hosted in the United Kingdom
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to
time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside
the European Union.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
· At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our
· To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
· After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to
16. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may
contact us at email@example.com
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
17. Verification of your
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information
we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
18. Use of site by children
· We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
· If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
19. Encryption of data sent between
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser
and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using
SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
you can complain
· If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or
· If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s
Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
21. Retention period for personal
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information
only for as long as required by us:
· to provide you with the services you have requested;
· to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
· to support a claim or defence in court.
22. Compliance with the law
legal jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your jurisdiction, we should like to hear from you.
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply
to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.